Friday, September 15, 2006

Opening Richardson Performance Hall, facelift subterfuge dishonest!!

To Whom It May Concern;

I am concerned with the recent announcement that Del Mar College is reopening Richardson Auditorium as Richardson Performance Hall.

I have heard some media reporting this as a renovation.

It was specifically explained to me when I was the Auditorium Manager that the auditorium would not be renovated, it was to be an upgrade or a facelift.

The coordinating architect explained to me and Board of Regents members that were present that a renovation would require the expenditure of additional funds to meet building codes and by using the subterfuge of a facelift or upgrade the College could avoid code enforcement.

I am concerned that the public is being misinformed as to the use of their tax dollars.

One of the major complaints particularly from older patrons was the lack of available restrooms.

This facelift as best as I can determine from the documents posted on the DMC WEB site adds a very few additional restroom facilities that will make very little impact on older patrons and there will still be long lines at the restrooms.

Based on the plans I've seen I suspect that the placement of the box office and concession stand will create crowd control problems, particularly when there are large audiences in the auditorium.

I will reserve judgment on the backstage issues of safety that I originally addressed as Auditorium Manager and which were used to force me into retirement.

The regents and administrators knew that if I remained as Auditorium Manager, I would resist taking short cuts that would compromise the safety of everyone using the auditorium.

Unfortunately, by eliminating my presence only the lackeys were left.

Please, do not misinform your audience correct your reporting and do not report this as a renovation!

Howard Karsh, retired Richardson Auditorium Manager, Candidate for the DMC Regents, District 5.

No comments:

The Secretary of State cleared her to run.

I think these guys are going to learn a lesson or two....

from the attorney general down. The Secretary of State cleared Ms Garcia to run. If you read the AG opinion you will know what a crook this guy is when it comes to the little people. Carlos Valdez, I cant see how he would obtain Jurisdiction given there is no criminal act. This matter should be processed through existing administrative law.




A Voter Registration in Kleberg While Residing in Nueces?

The question is, which home was her domicile. I have been to her Apartment here in Corpus Christi, it sure looks like it is her primary residence.

I cannot imagine Carlos Valdez even having anything to do with this case, given his history with Mike Westergren and I am told with Joe Alaniz as well.

If Carlos Valdez prosecutes this lady, he is a fool.

I stand behind her.